Saturday, February 17, 2007

Traditions - The Mosh


If you've been at any SU basketball games, you've probably seen some of us students jumping and bumping into each other with glee when the band plays the CBS NCAA theme song (Road to the Final Four) prior to the tip-off.

Let me tell you what I know about this tradition:
  • I was introduced to it as a Freshman in 2003/2004, so it's been going on for at least 4 years. I suspect it may have been started during the championship run the year before, but that's unconfirmed. I sent a few messages out to recent alums to find out if it started during their tenures.
  • The mosh itself occurs in front of the first row of the student section, but it is an activity not exclusive to students sitting in the front. We've had people come down from much higher rows to participate and even had some non-students, too.
  • You might find some of the Dome staff clearing the area before the start of Road, particularly Bill G.
I'm sure there are some more interesting tidbits about this, so hopefully one of us will get to them later.



No comments: